We can teach you to DJ and produce your own music.
We have various projects and lessons open to all ages and abilities. We teach all styles on all formats.
Just click on the blue button above that suits you best, browse the detailed ‘What We Offer” menu at the top of the screen, or use our online contact form to get in touch by clicking here.
Thinking of a having a children’s birthday party? Book a DJ Workshop Birthday Party and have a unique and memorable experience.
Do you want to stay up to date with our projects and opportunities? Subscribe to our newsletter.
Some of our Testimonials
- "Really valued the mixing and explanation on how to use the different equipment and feel ready to share that with other people" - Occupational Therapist/ Notts Health Service Foundation
- “Thank you, N*** and J*** came back to Centre yesterday and were thrilled to be able to play me their “mixes” I did not understand what/how! but enjoyed listening…many thanks for what you’ve been doing with them” Kath Bower - Following a REOTAS course, including bronze arts award, which I hosted.
- “ I always remember those early DJ Lessons I had with you, and always appreciate all the great advice you gave me! I hope I’ve taken it with me in the DJ sets I’ve done since then, it was a great grounding for me, as well as being great fun! You must have had lots of patience, as I was very raw material in those days, and I owe a lot to you.” R H
- "Pleased that the young people benefitted from the activities and that they’ve also followed it up with you. Thanks for all of your hard work during the projects."
- “…thanks for doing such a good job. I could feel confident enough to leave you to get on with it! Will be in touch at some point about future work. Thanks again – you’ve been great.” Emma Melling - Youth Arts Officer, Kala Sangam, Bradford.
- “Jim is a very good tutor. The first time I met Jim was summer of 2010. Jim and I great fun mashing up tracks and that was when he taught me how to beat juggle (looping). the way he teaches people to DJ is very interesting, because his techniques are very easy to follow and easily understandable. as I was already a DJ me and Jim got along great, he is a friendly person and easy to get along with. recently he came to our youth club and did 5 or 6 sessions over the course of a few weeks. within the time he was their he taught me how to scratch. After a few sessions passed, my scratching got much more advance and now I can scratch independently. overall Jim is a very good tutor and I recommend him to anyone who wants to learn the fundamentals of djing. ” R S
Click the link below to view or download a copy of our latest annual report....10/10/2016
Facebook Twitter Website Our studio is located at Yorkshire Dance, 3 St Peter’s...03/09/2016
Facebook Twitter Website Our studio is located at Yorkshire Dance, 3 St Peter’s...04/06/2016
Meet The Tutors
Jim Reiss, DJ, DJ Tutor, Workshop Host, also known as: jim bluefoot. I guess I started DJing aged 7 (that is 31 years ago!). My only intention back then was to have the songs I wanted in the order I wanted them… without any gaps.Jim’s Biography
I have been Djing and producing music for the last 10 years and have a huge amount of experience working in the music industry. I have a BA Hons Degree in Music Technology and have a PTLLS level 4 teaching qualification.