We can teach you to DJ and produce your own music.
We have various projects and lessons open to all ages and abilities. We teach all styles on all formats. The simplest and quickest way to learn is one to one tuition from £35 per hour with practise time. There are some FREE sessions depending on how old you are, your postcode, or if you are in receipt of certain benefits. We also have ten years experience planning and running community workshops and projects for a wide range of organisations.
Just click on the blue button above that suits you best, browse the detailed “what we offer” menu at the top of the screen, or use our online contact form to get in touch by clicking here.
Some of our Testimonials
- Thank you so much for a great time and all your help. I especially want to say thanks to Jim for all his encouragement and the CDs which I have been playing. I will keep collecting CD’s Jim.
- I really enjoyed the workshop yesterday. You did a great job in teaching me and I learnt a lot!!! Still buzzing from yesterday and counting the beats “1-2-3-4” to every song I’ve listened to since yesterday. Listening to music is a “different experience” now, I find I’m studying it rather than listening to it :-) Really can’t thank you enough!
- "Thanks again for yesterday Jim - the kids really enjoyed it and were really proud of the mixes that they had done. Would be great to see if we can develop any further working relationship in the future."
- "Really valued the mixing and explanation on how to use the different equipment and feel ready to share that with other people" - Occupational Therapist/ Notts Health Service Foundation
- I am writing to thank you for your workshop at the Leeds Learning Partnership Music Conference on 18 June 2014. Your contribution on developments around DJing skills was extremely well received and generated great interest amongst the group. Some comments from the delegates included: What went well: “Knowledge of DJ-ing as well as ideas for implementation at KS4.” “Inspiring practitioners – new ideas for good practice.” Once again, thank you very much for your contribution. -GCSE MUSIC CONFERENCE
- "It helped students learn key musical skills, it is a constant battle to get them to count to a pulse, this workshop forced them to do it and highlighted the importance of that skill." The Students were engaged in discussion about copy write and intellectual property and seem to consider this carefully."
If you want us to help you get paid work it depends on the project – some under 18’s get real work experience as part of their course and they use this to promote themselves. We also have a lot of contacts and so, if people are looking for DJs, and we know someone, we hook them up, but we are not an agency and cannot guarantee paid DJ work.”
Click the link below to view or download a copy of our latest annual report....10/10/2016
Facebook Twitter Website Our studio is located at Yorkshire Dance, 3 St Peter’s...03/09/2016
Facebook Twitter Website Our studio is located at Yorkshire Dance, 3 St Peter’s...04/06/2016
Facebook Twitter Website Our studio is located at Yorkshire Dance, 3 St Peter’s Square,...01/05/2016
Meet The Tutors
Jim Reiss, DJ, DJ Tutor, Workshop Host, also known as: jim bluefoot. I guess I started DJing aged 7 (that is 31 years ago!). My only intention back then was to have the songs I wanted in the order I wanted them… without any gaps.Jim’s Biography
I have been Djing and producing music for the last 10 years and have a huge amount of experience working in the music industry. I have a BA Hons Degree in Music Technology and have a PTLLS level 4 teaching qualification.