We can teach you to DJ and produce your own music.
We have various projects and lessons open to all ages and abilities. We teach all styles on all formats. The simplest and quickest way to learn is one to one tuition from £35 per hour with practise time. There are some FREE sessions depending on how old you are, your postcode, or if you are in receipt of certain benefits. We also have ten years experience planning and running community workshops and projects for a wide range of organisations.
Just click on the blue button above that suits you best, browse the detailed “what we offer” menu at the top of the screen, or use our online contact form to get in touch by clicking here.
Some of our Testimonials
- I am writing to thank you for your workshop at the Leeds Learning Partnership Music Conference on 18 June 2014. Your contribution on developments around DJing skills was extremely well received and generated great interest amongst the group. Some comments from the delegates included: What went well: “Knowledge of DJ-ing as well as ideas for implementation at KS4.” “Inspiring practitioners – new ideas for good practice.” Once again, thank you very much for your contribution. -GCSE MUSIC CONFERENCE
- Without your skills it would be impossible to run projects and even harder to access difficult to reach and vulnerable young people… I assure you what you are doing is thoroughly appreciated, respected and invaluable to all parties concerned. Again can I emphasise mine and young people’s appreciation for what you do and I look forward to all future work with yourself. - Richie Mitchell - Cultural Development Coordinator, Connecting Youth Culture, Continuing Education Unit, North Yorkshire County Council, 4Youth
- Just a quick note to say thanks so much for all your patience and help - Must be a nightmare trying to teach an old dog new tricks! You were great.
- "The workshop was fantastic, we would definitely be interested in working with you again."
- Thank you for hosting SMS Tech this morning. The students and their tutor came back grinning, all asking when they can go back!
- "Very comprehensive coverage and structured very logically" "It really showed how difficult the skills are; will be useful in us going foward offering this at GCSE " "Learnt a lot and have a much clearer idea of the breadth of skills involved" -AQA exam board consultants
If you want us to help you get paid work it depends on the project – some under 18’s get real work experience as part of their course and they use this to promote themselves. We also have a lot of contacts and so, if people are looking for DJs, and we know someone, we hook them up, but we are not an agency and cannot guarantee paid DJ work.”
Facebook Twitter Website Our studio is located at Yorkshire Dance, 3 St Peter’s...03/09/2016
Facebook Twitter Website Our studio is located at Yorkshire Dance, 3 St Peter’s...04/06/2016
Facebook Twitter Website Our studio is located at Yorkshire Dance, 3 St Peter’s Square,...01/05/2016
Facebook Twitter Website Our studio is located at Yorkshire Dance, 3 St Peter’s Square,...16/12/2015
Meet The Tutors
Jim Reiss, DJ, DJ Tutor, Workshop Host, also known as: jim bluefoot. I guess I started DJing aged 7 (that is 31 years ago!). My only intention back then was to have the songs I wanted in the order I wanted them… without any gaps.Jim’s Biography
I have been Djing and producing music for the last 10 years and have a huge amount of experience working in the music industry. I have a BA Hons Degree in Music Technology and have a PTLLS level 4 teaching qualification.