We can teach you to DJ and produce your own music.
We have various projects and lessons open to all ages and abilities. We teach all styles on all formats. The simplest and quickest way to learn is one to one tuition from £35 per hour with practise time. There are some FREE sessions depending on how old you are, your postcode, or if you are in receipt of certain benefits. We also have ten years experience planning and running community workshops and projects for a wide range of organisations.
Just click on the blue button above that suits you best, browse the detailed “what we offer” menu at the top of the screen, or use our online contact form to get in touch by clicking here.
Some of our Testimonials
- “…the YPs from last night would not stop talking about the project, they are apparently hugely excited. You have inspired again, Jim. Well done you!!!!!” John Cross - Cultural Development Coordinator, Hambleton/Richmondshire, Connecting Youth Culture, Continuing Education Unit, North Yorkshire County Council, 4Youth.
- "The majority of the children spoke highly of the workshop and were engaged by it, children found the instructors informative, patient and helpful."
- “You have become established as one of our trusted artists, we know that the input you give to projects ensures the best quality outcomes in relation to the abilities of the young people involved. Thank you.” Gabrielle Naptali - Artist Project Leader, Connecting Youth Culture, Continuing Education Unit, North Yorkshire County Council, 4Youth.
- I am writing to thank you for your workshop at the Leeds Learning Partnership Music Conference on 18 June 2014. Your contribution on developments around DJing skills was extremely well received and generated great interest amongst the group. Some comments from the delegates included: What went well: “Knowledge of DJ-ing as well as ideas for implementation at KS4.” “Inspiring practitioners – new ideas for good practice.” Once again, thank you very much for your contribution. -GCSE MUSIC CONFERENCE
- “I just wanted to send an email to say a very big thank you for all your input in ensuring that the No Messin’ Live! event went to plan this summer. I could not have done it without your hard work and help so again, thank you for everything.” Vicki Smith - Railway Crime Education Manager, Network Rail.
- "Ahhh he was very understanding and explained it all really well , was a great experience thank you X X"
If you want us to help you get paid work it depends on the project – some under 18’s get real work experience as part of their course and they use this to promote themselves. We also have a lot of contacts and so, if people are looking for DJs, and we know someone, we hook them up, but we are not an agency and cannot guarantee paid DJ work.”
Click the link below to view or download a copy of our latest annual report....10/10/2016
Facebook Twitter Website Our studio is located at Yorkshire Dance, 3 St Peter’s...03/09/2016
Facebook Twitter Website Our studio is located at Yorkshire Dance, 3 St Peter’s...04/06/2016
Facebook Twitter Website Our studio is located at Yorkshire Dance, 3 St Peter’s Square,...01/05/2016
Meet The Tutors
Jim Reiss, DJ, DJ Tutor, Workshop Host, also known as: jim bluefoot. I guess I started DJing aged 7 (that is 31 years ago!). My only intention back then was to have the songs I wanted in the order I wanted them… without any gaps.Jim’s Biography
I have been Djing and producing music for the last 10 years and have a huge amount of experience working in the music industry. I have a BA Hons Degree in Music Technology and have a PTLLS level 4 teaching qualification.