We can teach you to DJ and produce your own music.
We have various projects and lessons open to all ages and abilities. We teach all styles on all formats. The simplest and quickest way to learn is one to one tuition from £35 per hour with practise time. There are some FREE sessions depending on how old you are, your postcode, or if you are in receipt of certain benefits. We also have ten years experience planning and running community workshops and projects for a wide range of organisations.
Just click on the blue button above that suits you best, browse the detailed “what we offer” menu at the top of the screen, or use our online contact form to get in touch by clicking here.
Some of our Testimonials
- Just a quick note to say thanks so much for all your patience and help - Must be a nightmare trying to teach an old dog new tricks! You were great.
- “ I always remember those early DJ Lessons I had with you, and always appreciate all the great advice you gave me! I hope I’ve taken it with me in the DJ sets I’ve done since then, it was a great grounding for me, as well as being great fun! You must have had lots of patience, as I was very raw material in those days, and I owe a lot to you.” R H
- Thank you so much for a great time and all your help. I especially want to say thanks to Jim for all his encouragement and the CDs which I have been playing. I will keep collecting CD’s Jim.
- "Very good, loved the assembly"
- I am writing to thank you for your workshop at the Leeds Learning Partnership Music Conference on 18 June 2014. Your contribution on developments around DJing skills was extremely well received and generated great interest amongst the group. Some comments from the delegates included: What went well: “Knowledge of DJ-ing as well as ideas for implementation at KS4.” “Inspiring practitioners – new ideas for good practice.” Once again, thank you very much for your contribution. -GCSE MUSIC CONFERENCE
- “Thank you all so much for all your efforts in what has truly been a wonderful project. You have all been brilliant! It’s been great working with you all, thank you for being a great team.” Jude Wadley - Project Manager, Creative Partnerships’ “Change Schools Programme” 2009.
If you want us to help you get paid work it depends on the project – some under 18’s get real work experience as part of their course and they use this to promote themselves. We also have a lot of contacts and so, if people are looking for DJs, and we know someone, we hook them up, but we are not an agency and cannot guarantee paid DJ work.”
Click the link below to view or download a copy of our latest annual report....10/10/2016
Facebook Twitter Website Our studio is located at Yorkshire Dance, 3 St Peter’s...03/09/2016
Facebook Twitter Website Our studio is located at Yorkshire Dance, 3 St Peter’s...04/06/2016
Facebook Twitter Website Our studio is located at Yorkshire Dance, 3 St Peter’s Square,...01/05/2016
Meet The Tutors
Jim Reiss, DJ, DJ Tutor, Workshop Host, also known as: jim bluefoot. I guess I started DJing aged 7 (that is 31 years ago!). My only intention back then was to have the songs I wanted in the order I wanted them… without any gaps.Jim’s Biography
I have been Djing and producing music for the last 10 years and have a huge amount of experience working in the music industry. I have a BA Hons Degree in Music Technology and have a PTLLS level 4 teaching qualification.