We can teach you to DJ and produce your own music.
We have various projects and lessons open to all ages and abilities. We teach all styles on all formats. The simplest and quickest way to learn is one to one tuition from £35 per hour with practise time. There are some FREE sessions depending on how old you are, your postcode, or if you are in receipt of certain benefits. We also have ten years experience planning and running community workshops and projects for a wide range of organisations.
Just click on the blue button above that suits you best, browse the detailed “what we offer” menu at the top of the screen, or use our online contact form to get in touch by clicking here.
Some of our Testimonials
- Thank you for hosting SMS Tech this morning. The students and their tutor came back grinning, all asking when they can go back!
- "Most really enjoyed it, all learned a lot, they were buzzing. I was surprised to hear the level of knowledge a couple already had, talent I knew nothing about even though I've taught them for a year."
- "Brilliant differentiation techniques for individual students." "Good rapport." "Calm working and learning environment provided." "The students who perhaps were thought not to be engaged were, fully." Becki Murphy - ASDAN Co-ordinator and Prince's Trust Advisor, The Co-operative Academy of Leeds.
- "Very comprehensive coverage and structured very logically" "It really showed how difficult the skills are; will be useful in us going foward offering this at GCSE " "Learnt a lot and have a much clearer idea of the breadth of skills involved" -AQA exam board consultants
- “Disc would like to say a huge thank you for running the DJ workshops on the day. The endless feedback from service users for ALL workshops was fantastic. We did not get any negative feedback at all. The video diary messages from service users said they found the day interesting, it helped with their confidence, they had the chance to meet new people, that the workshops were fantastic, and that they would all like the event to run again in the near future. Once again thank you for your support.” Steve Johnson - Chief Executive, DISC (Developing Initiatives Supporting Communities).
- Thank you so much for a great time and all your help. I especially want to say thanks to Jim for all his encouragement and the CDs which I have been playing. I will keep collecting CD’s Jim.
If you want us to help you get paid work it depends on the project – some under 18’s get real work experience as part of their course and they use this to promote themselves. We also have a lot of contacts and so, if people are looking for DJs, and we know someone, we hook them up, but we are not an agency and cannot guarantee paid DJ work.”
Facebook Twitter Website Our studio is located at Yorkshire Dance, 3 St Peter’s...04/06/2016
Facebook Twitter Website Our studio is located at Yorkshire Dance, 3 St Peter’s Square,...01/05/2016
Facebook Twitter Website Our studio is located at Yorkshire Dance, 3 St Peter’s Square,...16/12/2015
Facebook Twitter Website Our studio is located at Yorkshire Dance, 3 St Peter’s Square,...17/11/2015
Meet The Tutors
Jim Reiss, DJ, DJ Tutor, Workshop Host, also known as: jim bluefoot. I guess I started DJing aged 7 (that is 31 years ago!). My only intention back then was to have the songs I wanted in the order I wanted them… without any gaps.Jim’s Biography
I have been Djing and producing music for the last 10 years and have a huge amount of experience working in the music industry. I have a BA Hons Degree in Music Technology and have a PTLLS level 4 teaching qualification.