Jim Reiss can teach any style on any format to anybody.
Jim excels at teaching the basics and inspiring new DJs to find their feet and gain that all important confidence to express their own taste.
Jim has been a DJ for over 20 years and a tutor for over 12.
After a successful career as a DJ, Jim, now a family man, thought up, set up and is a Managing Director of DJ School UK.
He still helps out at nearly all the workshops, projects and clubs we run.
Jim’s experience includes:
- Weekly DJ residencies for over 20 years.
- 5 years Recording + touring with Live Bands.
- 8 Years Agency work as a function DJ.
- Running his own nightclub event for 2 years.
- 3 years Working in DJ Equipment retailers.
- 2 years Working in Recording Studios.
- 12 years DJ Workshops for Leeds Council.
- Lead Artist for North Yorks County Council.
- 8 years self-employed DJ Tutor.
- Current Managing Director of DJ School UK
Jim is also available for tech help, setting up MAC/PCs, controllers, equipment and DJ Software plus is always worth asking for advice before you buy any equipment.
If you think Jim is the right tutor for you please fill in the online contact form to the right of this page and remember to add a message asking for Jim.
Rory Hoy is a multi-award winning DJ/Music Producer/Filmmaker. Speaking about his first lessons with Jim he said: “ I always remember those early DJ Lessons I had with you, and always appreciate all the great advice you gave me! I hope I’ve taken it with me in the DJ sets I’ve done since then, it was a great grounding for me, as well as being great fun! You must have had lots of patience, as I was very raw material in those days, and I owe a lot to you.”
Rory has since released 5 critically acclaimed albums
on legendary Freddy Fresh’s Howlin’ Records label, USA, numerous EPs and Singles on
other worldwide labels and is an in-demand remixer and collaborator. His tracks have been used by Disney, Sony BET TV, Costco, the Tour de France Documentary and he constantly works on briefs for syncs for Adverts, TV and Film.