We are available for schools, community groups, youth projects, corporate and private bookings. Sessions can take place at any time at our usual venue or in a venue of your choice. We have experience working in education, OT, with special educational needs and at corporate events. See our page on workshops and projects by clicking here.
Corporate groups can use us for anything from team building exercises to celebration days: In one day your staff can learn to DJ, MC, beatbox or make their own songs… then top it off in The Wardrobe nightclub next door throwing their own gig or X-Factor battle, where you choose the judges! We can supply all food and refreshments and the nightclub is fully licensed.
While we are not using our equipment we offer users the chance to practise, record or host their own sessions in our comfortable and professionally equipped studio space. Click here for more details: https://djschooluk.org.uk/dj-studio-hire/
School or youth groups can use us as an enrichment activity, treat day, or to complete parts of their Arts Award, Duke of Edinburgh’s Award or ASDAN/other youth award.
Some Testimonials from past clients
- “Thank you all so much for all your efforts in what has truly been a wonderful project. You have all been brilliant! It’s been great working with you all, thank you for being a great team.” Jude Wadley - Project Manager, Creative Partnerships’ “Change Schools Programme” 2009.
- Thank you for teaching me how to be a DJ the course was EPIC and I loved performing on Briggate with lots of people watching!
- “Disc would like to say a huge thank you for running the DJ workshops on the day. The endless feedback from service users for ALL workshops was fantastic. We did not get any negative feedback at all. The video diary messages from service users said they found the day interesting, it helped with their confidence, they had the chance to meet new people, that the workshops were fantastic, and that they would all like the event to run again in the near future. Once again thank you for your support.” Steve Johnson - Chief Executive, DISC (Developing Initiatives Supporting Communities).
- I am writing to thank you for your workshop at the Leeds Learning Partnership Music Conference on 18 June 2014. Your contribution on developments around DJing skills was extremely well received and generated great interest amongst the group. Some comments from the delegates included: What went well: “Knowledge of DJ-ing as well as ideas for implementation at KS4.” “Inspiring practitioners – new ideas for good practice.” Once again, thank you very much for your contribution. -GCSE MUSIC CONFERENCE
- “Just wanted to say a big thank you for delivering our Urban Arts project. I really enjoyed working with you and it has been one of my favourite projects. I got lots of lovely feedback from participants and family and the project was enjoyed by all.” Saira Mughal, First Floor Projects Co-ordinator
- “ I always remember those early DJ Lessons I had with you, and always appreciate all the great advice you gave me! I hope I’ve taken it with me in the DJ sets I’ve done since then, it was a great grounding for me, as well as being great fun! You must have had lots of patience, as I was very raw material in those days, and I owe a lot to you.” R H