About DJ School UK
DJ School UK teaches DJ and Music Production skills to anyone of any age and ability.
We are a non-profit social enterprise based in Leeds, U.K.
1) DJs are musicians
2) The Turntable is a musical instrument
3) Learning to DJ helps people develop self-confidence, communication, team work and musical skills.
4) DJing is easy and accessible at first but can be as hard as you can handle. It is fun, rewarding, a pathway into all music and a possible career.
We work with external organisations such as schools, youth and community groups. Use the drop down menus at the top of the screen to explore our offers.
We value self-disciplined practise and offer discount rates for anyone wanting to simply use our professional equipment for rehearsal.
We have an extensive network of partners, collaborators and industry professionals who we use to offer our students the best learning environment, real experience and work opportunities. Click here to see what some past students have achieved.
For information on our tutors please click here.
- Thank you SO much for tonight Jim, it has to be said you are awesomely fantastic. The guys were really chilled out and gave good feedback at the end. Can’t wait for next week.George Dickinson, Targeted Youth Support Worker, Tockwith Youth Centre. You fitted in wonderfully, the young people have enjoyed you being there and the access to your teaching and skills. In addition to this you have helped pave the way for a resident DJ opportunity at the Club.
George Dickinson, Targeted Youth Support Worker, Tockwith Youth Centre.
- I really enjoyed the workshop yesterday. You did a great job in teaching me and I learnt a lot!!! Still buzzing from yesterday and counting the beats “1-2-3-4” to every song I’ve listened to since yesterday. Listening to music is a “different experience” now, I find I’m studying it rather than listening to it :-) Really can’t thank you enough!
- Motivating and Inspiring.
- "Fantastic, thanks for such a wonderful day"
- Thanks again for a brilliant two day workshop that you delivered to our Breeze arts students. I felt the arts award worksheets that you provided were young people friendly and very informative and all the students learnt so much from you in two days about Djing and the skills and techniques etc used . We definitely look forward to working with you again in the future and your way with young people and the patience you have is a credit to you. - Sarah McGlinchey, Out of School Activities Team, Breeze Arts Foundation Keyworker
- "Thank you so much, a great opportunity, really well lead, please come back next year."