We deliver half day training courses at our fully equipped studio in Leeds City Centre for £140 for up to 3 people. For more people please get in touch for bigger discounts.
With over twenty years of using DJing and music production within educational settings, having delivered CPD to over 30 staff in roles from school teachers to occupational therapists, and having consulted with AQA examiners regarding the updated specification (2018) for DJ skills at GCSE level; we understand the needs of both schools and students.
We have prepared demonstrations, tasks and plans to help you learn how DJ skills can be used in many settings. We have copyright-free audio resources, jargon-busting glossaries and a wealth of online links to help you cement your learning. We are available for follow-up sessions and queries via email/phone.
We are keen to support teachers in schools and all those working with young people by developing their knowledge of DJing with a particular focus on using the equipment and the demands required for the various techniques employed. We have already assisted four schools in setting up their own independent DJ Clubs in school, run by their students for their students.
The training day consists of:
• The role of a DJ and the equipment used
• How to DJ and mix music using a range of equipment
• Different styles of music, mixing styles and the demand level of the techniques applied
• Linking DJing into the wider music curriculum, including how to assess DJ skills at GCSE.
• Linking Djing into other subjects (Literacy, Numeracy, IT, Science and more.)
• Purchasing and maintaining equipment and music
• Licensing and copyright
If you require other knowledge on specific equipment or techniques please do let us know during the booking process.
For more information please contact us.