Health and Safety Policy
Please click the writing in the blue box below to download
Statement of intent
As a requirement under the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974, the following Statement and Policy Guidance sets out the health and safety objectives for DJSchoolUK:
DJSchoolUK, where reasonably practicable to do so, will comply with all statutory legislation, regulations and Approved Codes of Practice (ACOP) as enabled under the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974. This will include the following:
- To provide and maintain safe systems of work.
- To ensure all employees are adequately trained and supervised.
- To ensure all persons are provided with clear instruction and information on health and safety and safe working practices.
- To ensure fellow workers work safe and are competent.
- To ensure hired contractors work safe and are competent.
- To provide and maintain safe systems and equipment.
- To provide a workplace with safe access and egress.
- To provide adequate welfare facilities.
- To provide an accessible, safe, healthy and comfortable environment for all persons.
- To ensure the health, safety and welfare of all persons who are not employees.
Health and Safety General Policy
In addition to the ‘Health & Safety Statement of Intent’, DJSchoolUK will:
- Take all reasonable steps to provide safe and healthy conditions for employees, participants and others who may be affected by our activities.
- Take steps to ensure compliance with all relevant health and safety legislation.
- Providing the appropriate information, training and supervision to all persons as applicable in each case.
- Accept responsibility as an employer to provide adequate resources to implement this policy and provide competent persons. This is with the aim to provide and manage effective health and safety systems.
- Where necessary take advice and assistance from external specialists and consultants to ensure best practice.
- Expect all employees to co-operate with policies and comply with all legal obligations, by taking care of their own health and safety and have regard for the health and safety of others.
- Monitor and report accidents, record accident statistics, carry out accident investigations and take actions to rectify risks and hazards both reactively and proactively. This will be with the aim of reducing accidents and injuries to all persons.
- Carry out comprehensive specific and generic risk assessments. These will be monitored, recorded and reviewed as applicable and/or when changes occur.
Structure and Responsibilities
DJSchoolUK is responsible for strategic health and safety planning and the annual review of DJSchoolUK’s health and safety performance.
DJSchoolUK is responsible for ensuring full implementation of the Health and Safety Policy.
DJSchoolUK is responsible for ensuring that the requirements of this policy are implemented and monitored with regard to their departmental responsibilities.
The Management Team will implement DJSchoolUK’s Health and Safety Policy by effectively:
- Ensuring arrangements and operational instructions, guidelines and Approved Codes of Practice that are produced and available to all staff.
- Ensuring that safe systems of work are implemented and to control significant risks by undertaking risk assessment as required by legislative and statutory requirements.
- Ensuring managers and staff are competent and suitably trained in matters of health, safety and welfare.
- Setting health and safety performance indicators and standards, to ensure effective management.
- Ensuring that so far is reasonably practicable, all hazards are identified, assessments are carried out, appropriate actions taken and recorded.
- Ensuring that all new and existing employees are familiar with and comply with the requirements of this policy and other departmental safe systems of work.
- Ensuring that contractors and sub-contractors have effective arrangements for health, safety and welfare.
- Establishing effective monitoring and review systems of all health and safety policies and procedures both proactively and reactively.
All Employees are Responsible For:
- Complying with DJSchoolUK Health and Safety Policy and procedures.
- Taking reasonable care of their own health and safety and that of others that may be affected by their acts or omissions.
- Carrying out instructions as directed by the management.
Using all work equipment, materials and substances in accordance with the information, instruction and training given.
- Not deliberately misusing equipment that is provided for the purposes of health, safety and welfare.
- Reporting to the management any health and safety problem they cannot deal with themselves, and reporting all accidents, injuries, risks, hazards and faults relating to health, safety and welfare.