DJ Workshops for youth, community and other external organisations:
With over 12 years experience delivering community DJ workshops and projects we can create activities to suit you.
If you are a young person looking for projects to join please click here.
If you are a corporate customer or events manager looking for our red-letter day offers and corporate events please click here.
We run courses from our purpose built studio in the Yorkshire Dance Building in Leeds City Centre, or we can come to you.
From experience and statistical analysis we see that young people develop personal learning and thinking skills plus self-confidence, self-efficacy and self-esteem through musical activities. They are especially motivated and engaged in DJ related activities. DJing signposts young people to the wider world of instrumentation and singing plus extends their knowledge of musical genres and shows them the approach of the artist in problem-solving.
We tailor our DJ Workshops to suit the needs of your group. From primary school assemblies to G.C.S.E. music curriculum boosters, cultural days, team building days, treat days, Occupational Therapy, youth offending teams, Arts Awards and the Duke of Edinburgh’s Scheme.
Please contact us to discuss what we can do for you.
We are available for:
|Intro sessions||Demonstration days|
|Multi session courses||Performance based courses|
|Themed based courses||Background music for skate/graffiti or other workshops|
|Tailor-made/bespoke courses||Open Days|
We work with:
|Youth Groups/centres||Community Centres|
|Pupil Referral Units||Secure Units|
|Youth Offending Teams||Background music for skate/graffiti or other workshops|
|Youth Offending Institutions||N.E.E.T.|
- “Just a quick message to say thanks for all of your efforts at the 6k residential. It was a massively successful weekend. The outcomes spoke for themselves in the fact that we have a bunch of young peeps still absolutely buzzing from their experience and have progressed their skills and knowledge. These things cannot be done without the hard work from yourselves. Lets hope we can do it again next year! Thanks again.” Matt Burrows - Youth Arts Co-ordinator (County Wide Projects), Connecting Youth Culture, Continuing Education Unit, North Yorkshire County Council.
- "Brilliant differentiation techniques for individual students." "Good rapport." "Calm working and learning environment provided." "The students who perhaps were thought not to be engaged were, fully." Becki Murphy - ASDAN Co-ordinator and Prince's Trust Advisor, The Co-operative Academy of Leeds.
- “Just wanted to say a big thank you for delivering our Urban Arts project. I really enjoyed working with you and it has been one of my favourite projects. I got lots of lovely feedback from participants and family and the project was enjoyed by all.” Saira Mughal, First Floor Projects Co-ordinator
- “…thanks for doing such a good job. I could feel confident enough to leave you to get on with it! Will be in touch at some point about future work. Thanks again – you’ve been great.” Emma Melling - Youth Arts Officer, Kala Sangam, Bradford.
- Without your skills it would be impossible to run projects and even harder to access difficult to reach and vulnerable young people… I assure you what you are doing is thoroughly appreciated, respected and invaluable to all parties concerned. Again can I emphasise mine and young people’s appreciation for what you do and I look forward to all future work with yourself. - Richie Mitchell - Cultural Development Coordinator, Connecting Youth Culture, Continuing Education Unit, North Yorkshire County Council, 4Youth
“All children fully involved in the session and interested throughout, all able to ask questions and have them answered, excellent session.”
“Some of the children didn’t want to try at first but by the end of the session had taken over the decks.”
“I saw a change in attitude, communication and effort in the short time the children were DJing.”