DJ Workshops for youth, community and other external organisations:
With over 12 years experience delivering community DJ workshops and projects we can create activities to suit you.
If you are a young person looking for projects to join please click here.
If you are a corporate customer or events manager looking for our red-letter day offers and corporate events please click here.
We run courses from our purpose built studio in the Yorkshire Dance Building in Leeds City Centre, or we can come to you.
From experience and statistical analysis we see that young people develop personal learning and thinking skills plus self-confidence, self-efficacy and self-esteem through musical activities. They are especially motivated and engaged in DJ related activities. DJing signposts young people to the wider world of instrumentation and singing plus extends their knowledge of musical genres and shows them the approach of the artist in problem-solving.
We tailor our DJ Workshops to suit the needs of your group. From primary school assemblies to G.C.S.E. music curriculum boosters, cultural days, team building days, treat days, Occupational Therapy, youth offending teams, Arts Awards and the Duke of Edinburgh’s Scheme.
Please contact us to discuss what we can do for you.
We are available for:
|Intro sessions||Demonstration days|
|Multi session courses||Performance based courses|
|Themed based courses||Background music for skate/graffiti or other workshops|
|Tailor-made/bespoke courses||Open Days|
We work with:
|Youth Groups/centres||Community Centres|
|Pupil Referral Units||Secure Units|
|Youth Offending Teams||Background music for skate/graffiti or other workshops|
|Youth Offending Institutions||N.E.E.T.|
- The workshop was a great success and the children really enjoyed it. They were pleased to have a go on the decks and do some mixing which was great for some of the boys in that particular class. We were really pleased with how you chose songs for the 90s era which tied in great with a themed day. Overall the children thoroughly enjoyed themselves and we will keep you in mind if anything else comes up in the next coming year. Thank you for sending me the link too. The children will enjoy listening to it. K. Edwards, Queensway Primary School, Leeds.
- I think what you both doing by running DJ club is amazing and as well yesterday's project with all this young talented people on board and their teachers were something remarkably excellent! I have to say i didn't expect that at all! Amazingly touching beautiful experience performed for the highest standards. Thank you so much Dan & Jim and I wish your project to grow and bring lots of new people to DJ club and constant stream of funds - because what you do is absolutely great and you make an impact changing young peoples lifes for better.
- “Just a quick message to say thanks for all of your efforts at the 6k residential. It was a massively successful weekend. The outcomes spoke for themselves in the fact that we have a bunch of young peeps still absolutely buzzing from their experience and have progressed their skills and knowledge. These things cannot be done without the hard work from yourselves. Lets hope we can do it again next year! Thanks again.” Matt Burrows - Youth Arts Co-ordinator (County Wide Projects), Connecting Youth Culture, Continuing Education Unit, North Yorkshire County Council.
- “I just wanted to thank you for your brilliant hands-on – and hands-off! – input during Everyman. It was absolutely great working with you, and I look forward to future connections.” Em Whitfield Brooks - Vocal Force Advisor, Sing Up, Learning and Participation, The Sage, Gateshead.
- “…the YPs from last night would not stop talking about the project, they are apparently hugely excited. You have inspired again, Jim. Well done you!!!!!” John Cross - Cultural Development Coordinator, Hambleton/Richmondshire, Connecting Youth Culture, Continuing Education Unit, North Yorkshire County Council, 4Youth.
- "Thanks again for yesterday Jim - the kids really enjoyed it and were really proud of the mixes that they had done. Would be great to see if we can develop any further working relationship in the future."