DJ Workshops for youth, community and other external organisations:
With over 12 years experience delivering community DJ workshops and projects we can create activities to suit you.
If you are a young person looking for projects to join please click here.
If you are a corporate customer or events manager looking for our red-letter day offers and corporate events please click here.
We run courses from our purpose built studio in the Yorkshire Dance Building in Leeds City Centre, or we can come to you.
From experience and statistical analysis we see that young people develop personal learning and thinking skills plus self-confidence, self-efficacy and self-esteem through musical activities. They are especially motivated and engaged in DJ related activities. DJing signposts young people to the wider world of instrumentation and singing plus extends their knowledge of musical genres and shows them the approach of the artist in problem-solving.
We tailor our DJ Workshops to suit the needs of your group. From primary school assemblies to G.C.S.E. music curriculum boosters, cultural days, team building days, treat days, Occupational Therapy, youth offending teams, Arts Awards and the Duke of Edinburgh’s Scheme.
Please contact us to discuss what we can do for you.
We are available for:
|Intro sessions||Demonstration days|
|Multi session courses||Performance based courses|
|Themed based courses||Background music for skate/graffiti or other workshops|
|Tailor-made/bespoke courses||Open Days|
We work with:
|Youth Groups/centres||Community Centres|
|Pupil Referral Units||Secure Units|
|Youth Offending Teams||Background music for skate/graffiti or other workshops|
|Youth Offending Institutions||N.E.E.T.|
- "Thanks again for yesterday Jim - the kids really enjoyed it and were really proud of the mixes that they had done. Would be great to see if we can develop any further working relationship in the future."
- "Brilliant differentiation techniques for individual students." "Good rapport." "Calm working and learning environment provided." "The students who perhaps were thought not to be engaged were, fully." Becki Murphy - ASDAN Co-ordinator and Prince's Trust Advisor, The Co-operative Academy of Leeds.
“All children fully involved in the session and interested throughout, all able to ask questions and have them answered, excellent session.”
“Some of the children didn’t want to try at first but by the end of the session had taken over the decks.”
“I saw a change in attitude, communication and effort in the short time the children were DJing.”
- “Disc would like to say a huge thank you for running the DJ workshops on the day. The endless feedback from service users for ALL workshops was fantastic. We did not get any negative feedback at all. The video diary messages from service users said they found the day interesting, it helped with their confidence, they had the chance to meet new people, that the workshops were fantastic, and that they would all like the event to run again in the near future. Once again thank you for your support.” Steve Johnson - Chief Executive, DISC (Developing Initiatives Supporting Communities).
- “Thanks for all your work on the project – you’re a gem.” Sue Walker - Wise Up Arts – Feedback following a Bronze Arts Award course with a Youth Offending Team in Halifax.
- “Thanks again for last night – really positive feedback from young people,” Ceri Hodgson - Kats Whiskas Youth Club, Barnsley.