All young people under 18 will need a parent/carer to complete and sign a consent form with emergency contact details before their first session with us. All under 18s are covered by our child protection policy which can be seen with all our other policies on the “About Us” page in the top menu or by clicking here.
If you have any questions or want to get involved straight away please use the contact form by clicking here.
Click the link below to view or download a copy of our latest annual report....10/10/2016
Facebook Twitter Website Our studio is located at Yorkshire Dance, 3 St Peter’s...03/09/2016
Facebook Twitter Website Our studio is located at Yorkshire Dance, 3 St Peter’s...04/06/2016
Meet The Tutors
Jim Reiss, DJ, DJ Tutor, Workshop Host, also known as: jim bluefoot. I guess I started DJing aged 7 (that is 31 years ago!). My only intention back then was to have the songs I wanted in the order I wanted them… without any gaps.Jim’s Biography
I have been Djing and producing music for the last 10 years and have a huge amount of experience working in the music industry. I have a BA Hons Degree in Music Technology and have a PTLLS level 4 teaching qualification.
Some of our Testimonials
- I would just like to thank jim for a fantastic DJing lesson on Tuesday! I learnt so much. Thanks Jim. from paul h.
- Hi Jim, Yeah really happy with yesterday's lesson, thought it was brilliant. Learnt a lot more than I expected to. Thanks again S
- “Thank you all so much for all your efforts in what has truly been a wonderful project. You have all been brilliant! It’s been great working with you all, thank you for being a great team.” Jude Wadley - Project Manager, Creative Partnerships’ “Change Schools Programme” 2009.
- DJ School UK is the only specialist DJ organisation in Leeds whose primary purpose is to deliver educational work, and it is of a consistently excellent standard. Their project and activity proposals are always well-researched, clearly thought out, logically presented and they always deliver what they say they will, on budget. Their reporting is comprehensive and conscientious with full and detailed data; in fact we have used their reporting as an example of best-practice and developed a template from it for all our other 21 hub partners to use. Feedback from recipients of their work (both learners and teachers) has always been very positive.
- “Just wanted to say that Jim was fantastic with the young people last night. Very patient and very cool! Thanks,” Andrew. Broadacres music project in Stokesley
- Thank you so much for a great time and all your help. I especially want to say thanks to Jim for all his encouragement and the CDs which I have been playing. I will keep collecting CD’s Jim.